For a list of my published research see my publications page. This page gives an overview of my active research.
Working papers and selected conference presentations
Bijlsma, M.J. and Wilson, B. (2017) A new approach to understanding the socio-economic determinants of fertility over the life course, Joint working paper: Stockholm Research Reports in Demography, Stockholm University, 2017:08 [paper] and MPIDR Working Papers, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, WP-2017-013 [paper]
Mendola, D., Busetta, A., Cetorelli, V., Wilson, B. (2017) Asylum Seekers and Refugees in Informal Settlements in Italy: A Multidimensional Vulnerability Assessment, Euro-Mediterranean Migration Congress (EXOMED), University of Alcalá, Madrid, April 2017.
Wilson, B. (2013) Disentangling the quantum and tempo of immigrant fertility, 7th International Conference on Population Geographies, Groningen, June 2013
Wilson, B. (2013) Understanding the Fertility Convergence of Migrant Generations, International Union for the Scientific Study of Population, Busan, August 2013
The family formation of immigrants who arrived as children:
- A three-year project funded by the Swedish Research Council (VR)
- For more information, see my dedicated page on immigration and integration
In addition to this project, my active research covers three different research areas. Please get in touch if you’d like to discuss any of these.
The demographic outcomes of migration:
- The demography of immigrants and their descendants (work with colleagues at Stockholm University Demography Unit)
- Understanding the integration of refugees and asylum seekers in Europe (work with Dominik Hangartner)
- Understanding the journeys of refugees and asylum seekers in Greece and their expectations on arrival (work with Dwan Kaoukji)
- Asylum Seekers and Refugees in Informal Settlements in Italy (a project with Daria Mendola, Annalisa Busetta, and Valeria Cetorelli)
- Selective migration and its impact on demographic events: Does migration disrupt the life course?
Life course demography:
- Life course childbearing: new approaches to causality and mediation (a project with Maarten Bijlsma and Jessica Nisen)
- Regional inequalities in mortality (work with Juho Härkönen, Sven Drefahl, and Isaac Sasson as part of the TITA project)
- Cohabitation at older ages: Understanding trends and variation (a project with Rachel Stuchbury and Alice Goisis)
- Unmarried cohabiting parenthood as a marker of socio-economic disadvantage? (a project with Lidia Panico, Laurent Toulemon, and Alice Goisis)
Demography, development, and reproductive health:
- Interventions to improve reproductive health in Ethiopia and Bangladesh (a project with Paul Bouanchaud and BBC Media Action)
- Evaluating the effect of policy changes on female genital mutilation in Africa (a project with Valeria Cetorelli, Ewa Batyra, and Ernestina Coast)
- Understanding the fertility transition in Africa: A life course approach (a project with Moshi Herman)
- Fertility, inequality, and the demographic transition